There is a virtual pre-application community meeting hosted by IBI Group for American Iron and Metal Company Inc.’s proposed development at 4350 Harvester Rd. on Tuesday, June 15, 2021 from 2:30-3:30 p.m.
A public notice for the 4350 Harvester Road pre-application community meeting was mailed out to all property owners within 120 metres of the property. A copy of the notice is provided via the link above and further down this post.
The City of Burlington has set up a pre-application project webpage for this site at www.burlington.ca/4350harvester.
Dear : Owner or Resident
NOTICE OF VIRTUAL PRE-APPLICATION CONSULTATION MEETING
PROPOSED ZONING BY-LAW AMENDMENT APPLICATION
4350 HARVESTER ROAD, BURLINGTON
On behalf of our client, American Iron and Metal Company Inc., IBI Group is pleased to invite you at a Virtual Neighbourhood Pre-Application Meeting in advance to discuss a proposed Zoning Bylaw Amendment application for the lands located at 4350 Harvester Road Burlington. Please refer to the attached air photo for the location of the subject property. No planning application have been formally submitted at this time, and no decisions have been made by the City. Rather this consultation meeting will provide the opportunity to:
- Hear from the Owner and the Consulting team about the details of the proposed application;
- Hear from City Staff on the planning application process and future opportunities for public engagement;
- Hear from the Ward Councillor and/or Mayor on Council’s roles in the planning process;
- Ask questions and provide comments; and,
- Get information on how to be involved in the future, when formal applications are received.
DETAILS OF THE MEETING
Time: Tuesday, June 15, 2021. 02:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Location: Please use the following link to join the Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/96829537892 or Phone: +1-647-374-4685
Webinar ID: 968 2953 7892
Pre-Application Webpage Link: www.burlington.ca/4350harvester
- Welcome and Introductions (5 min; IBI Group)
- Overview of the Planning Process (10 mins; City Staff)
- Overview of Proposed Application (15 mins; IBI Group)
- Question, Answer and Comment Period (30 min; All)
- Wrap up and Next Steps (5 mins; IBI Group)
Details of the Proposed Zoning By-law Amendment
The lands are currently development and operating under the American Iron and Metal Company Inc. banner. The current operations include metal recycling and salvage operations. The subject lands are currently zoned General Employment “GE1” within the City of Burlington Zoning by-law 2020. The current zoning permits the lands to operate with the existing metal recycling operation, however, the owner’s are seeking permission to allow the existing operation to also permit Motor Vehicle Wrecking Establishment, as a permitted use on the the lands. The purpose of this amendment is to allow the business to receive and depollute a small number of automobiles, along with the salvage and sale of auto-parts for a limited number of motor vehicles.
How to Join the Meeting and Who to Contact
This Notice has been mailed to all property owners within a 120m radius of the property for the potential development.
In order to attend the virtual meeting using the Zoom application, you must use the provided link:
- https://zoom.us/j/96829537892 or Phone: +1-647-374-4685
- Webinar ID: 968 2953 7892
There is no need to RSVP via email or phone to the undersigned. However, if you are unsure of how to join, would like guidance on using the Zoom application, and/or would like to discuss anything about the potential development or the meeting, please contact the Owner’s Planning Consultant, Ms. Tracy Tucker of IBI Group, directly at:
- Ms. Tracy Tucker, BAA, CPT
Phone: 905-546-1010 ext. 63120
Note that you can join the virtual Open House via the Zoom app, a web browser, or through regular phone dial-in.