Today, I received a letter from the Hon. Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transportation that the City of Burlington will be receiving $2.2 million in additional provincial funding through the Safe Restart Agreement (SRA) funding for public transit, Phase 2 in support of transit in our city.
It states the City of Burlington will receive up to $1,036,779 to support our COVID-19 transit operating pressures, and our City is also eligible to receive an allocation of $1,172,178 to address additional pressures based on ridership.
This totals $2,208,957 in funding support for transit.
We’re still awaiting some clarification from the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing on the Safe Restart Municipal Operating Fund Phase 2: funding for additional municipal pressures, that the Hon. Minister Steve Clark announced earlier this morning, and will share details once they are available.
I want to thank the Province and Minister Mulroney for this funding dedicated to support our transit system and riders, as it will go a long way in helping alleviate the impacts of COVID-19.
- City of Burlington Recipient of More Financial Relief from Province During COVID-19
- City of Burlington will receive $7.3M in Ontario’s Safe Restart Municipal Operating Funding Phase 2: Additional Municipal Pressures program
- Ontario Provides More Financial Relief for Municipalities during COVID-19
- Staff report to Burlington Council approved in September on the Safe Restart Funding Programs: CC-05-20 COVID-19 Municipal Funding
PLEASE NOTE: To stay updated on what the City of Burlington is doing regarding COVID-19, please visit the dedicated pages burlington.ca/coronavirus (and subscribe) and bit.ly/mayormeedwardCOVID19updates, and our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page — bit.ly/COVID19BurlingtonFAQ that are updated as new information becomes available.
A consolidated page for information and updates on the work of the provincial Ministers’ COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Task Force is available at bit.ly/COVIDVaccineUpdates.
A Burlington COVID-19 Task Force has been created to help support our community through this unprecedented emergency — updates will be provided at burlington.ca/COVID19taskforce.
To report an incident of non-compliance with provincial emergency orders, please contact the Halton Regional Police Service COVID-19 Hotline: 905-825-4722.
We’ve also created a dedicated page to feature the local organizations and businesses that have inspired us during the COVID-19 pandemic by taking action to support our community in new and creative ways — head to bit.ly/covidwallofinspiration.
HELPFUL RESOURCES & RELATED LINKS:
- Community questions and requests regarding City of Burlington services can be directed to Service Burlington by phone at 905-335-7777, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online.
- Halton Region has created a Reopening Schools resource webpage for parents, students and teachers at halton.ca/covid19.
- For further COVID-19 information, including where to get tested, please visit Halton Region Public Health halton.ca/coronavirus
- Residents can stay informed at burlington.ca/coronavirus as well as on our social media channels: @cityburlington on Twitter and facebook.com/cityburlington
- Questions about the cancellation of Recreation programs can be directed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-335-7738
- City of Burlington: www.burlington.ca/coronavirus
- Resources for Residents & Non-Profit Organizations: www.burlington.ca/covid19resources.
- Halton Region: www.halton.ca/coronavirus
- Government of Ontario: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
- Provincial Emergency Orders: https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200052
- Government of Canada: www.canada.ca/coronavirus
- World Health Organization: www.who.int
- Joseph Brant Hospital: josephbranthospital.ca/covid-19
- Team Burlington Business Supports: burlingtonchamber.com/team-burl-supporting-burl-business-during-covid-19/
- Burlington Food Bank: call 905-637-CARE (2273), or visit burlingtonfoodbank.ca
- Food for Life: call 905-635-1106 and press 7, or visit foodforlife.ca
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Halton Branch: call 289-291-5396, or visit halton.cmha.ca