*Please see below a news release issued by the City of Burlington.
Burlington, Ont. — May 12, 2023 — The City of Burlington is reminding visitors to Lowville Park to reserve their free parking spot for park visits. Advanced reservations can be made online using Park Pass starting May 20 until Oct. 9, 2023. Reservations are needed on weekends and holidays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. and are free.
Visitors may book one spot per day since there are a limited number of parking spots available. This will help allow others the chance to enjoy the park. Reservations are available in three-hour time slots.
“We are continuing to have visitors reserve their parking spot again this summer on weekends and holidays. This has helped us manage parking in the popular park for the past few summers. It is free and visitors can reserve their 3-hour time slot before they visit the park. We will keep the gates in the up position when reservations aren’t needed on weekdays so visitors can enjoy the park.
Visitors to the area should keep in mind that there are very few parking spaces available on Lowville Park Road and to be respectful to local businesses and residents.” — Craig Kummer, Director of Transportation, City of Burlington
Here’s how it works:
- One vehicle per reservation.
- Those walking or biking into the park don’t need a reservation.
- Visits are three hours long and include in and out privileges.
- Visitors will get an access code to enter the park at the automated entrance gates. Stop on the line so that the camera can take a clear scan of your license plate or use the bar code or numeric code on the keypad. This will open the gate. The gates will be left in the up/open position during weekdays when advanced reservations are not required.
- Vehicles must park in a designated parking spot.
All other areas are strictly enforced tow away zones. Violators will be tagged and towed.
Please be aware:
- Vehicles parked in the lot exceeding the 3-hour limit will be ticketed.
- Reservations should be done before leaving for the park. There are no Parking Ambassadors this year to help with reservations on-site.
- Those who do not have a reservation can scan the QR code on the park signage to try to make one if any spots are available for reservations. Drivers are asked to move away from the entrance to complete their reservation and be mindful not to block the entrance gates or traffic.
- Vehicles with damaged, bent or flaking license plates can use the bar code or numeric code on their reservation for entry.
- Changes/cancellations can be made up to 48 hours before the reserved arrival time; the date, name, license plate and number of people may be changed.
- Late grace period: The City understands unexpected things happen. It’s ok to be a few minutes late.
Burlington is a city where people, nature and businesses thrive. Sign up to learn more about Burlington at burlington.ca/subscribe and follow @CityBurlington on social media.
Links and Resources:
- Park Pass – for advanced parking spot reservations
- Parking Reservations
- Lowville Park