Please see below a media release issued by the City of Burlington.
Burlington, Ont. — Oct. 16, 2019 — The City of Burlington will be replacing 15 playgrounds over the next two years and is encouraging families who use these playgrounds to complete a survey to pick the features they like the most.
The online survey is available at getinvolvedburlington.ca/lovemyplayground until Nov. 17, 2019.
Playgrounds are an important part of the park experience for residents and visitors. They provide free physical and creative activities for children and their families. Playgrounds are designed to challenge and stimulate all children, of all abilities. Accessible outdoor play spaces allow for all children to play together, increasing understanding and integration.
“It’s important we ask parents and kids who visit the playgrounds for their opinion on what kinds of equipment should be at the park because it’s disappointing to see empty playgrounds that kids don’t enjoy. When you fill out the survey, involve your children and ask them what they’d like. After all, they’re the ones who will be using the parks. We’ve also made the online survey with visuals so they will be able to pick out their favourite features easily.” — Denise Beard, acting Director of Recreation Services
Playgrounds to be replaced in the next two years are:
- Brant Hills Public School
- Colin Alton Parkette
- Central Park
- Kiwanis Park
- Bromley Park
- Champlain Park
- Driftwood Park
- Elizabeth Gardens Parkette
- Hidden Valley Park – Lower
- Ireland Park-North
- Irving Parkette
- Kilbride Public School
- Maplehurst Park
- Mountain Gardens Parkette
- Roly Bird Park
For more information about this project, visit burlington.ca/lovemyplayground.
Important things to note:
- The City of Burlington will be replacing playgrounds in designated parks over the next two years. These playgrounds have reached the end of their useful and safe operating life.
- If you have inquiries about the survey, please email email@example.com.
- Results from the survey will be used to inform the design of the playgrounds. The design of the playgrounds will be posted in Spring 2020.
- The survey will take between 5-10 minutes to complete and is very illustrative with many pictures and examples.
- If you do not have access to a computer, please call Jim Seferiades at 905-335-7600, ext. 7785, to make arrangements to get a hard copy version of the survey.
Links and Resources
*Posted by John Bkila, Mayor’s Media and Digital Communications Specialist.