*Please see below a news release issued by the City of Burlington.
Burlington, Ont. — Sept. 14, 2023 — The City of Burlington will be refreshing the area surrounding City Hall. This includes Civic Square, City Hall’s front entrance and façade and the streetscapes of Brant Street and Elgin Street in the immediate area.
The public is invited to provide feedback on the overall look, feel and functionality of the space at one of three public engagement sessions. Dates and other important information are posted at getinvolvedburlington.ca/civicsquare.
Help us turn the area into a vibrant, exciting and accessible space where people can connect in the downtown core.
Some of the intended final design objectives for the refresh are:
- Enhancing community connections – Focus on walkability and amenities for pedestrians
- Preserving and enhancing nature
- Developing community identity – Bring together arts and culture through festivals, events and ceremonies
- Creating a welcoming, accessible and comfortable public space – A public space that is vibrant, safe and comfortable for all
Construction on the space will begin in the summer of 2025. The project will be complete in 2026.
“Once this project is complete, the City Hall block will be modernized, vibrant and accessible. It will strengthen its status as a welcoming outdoor social space for the city that will serve people of all ages and abilities. We are asking residents to attend one of the engagement sessions. We would like to ensure the final project reflects the wants, needs and ideas of as many people as possible.” — Marion Rabeau, Manager of Parks Design & Construction, City of Burlington
Public engagement opportunities
- Sept. 16, noon to 4 p.m. Food for Feedback at Central Park, 2299 New St.
- Nov. 15, 7 to 9 p.m. City Hall lobby, 426 Brant St.
- Nov. 21, 7 to 9 p.m. Online. Register at getinvolvedburlington.ca/civicsquare
For more information about the project and opportunities to provide feedback, visit getinvolvedburlington.ca/civicsquare.
Burlington is a city where people, nature and businesses thrive. Sign up to learn more about Burlington at burlington.ca/subscribe and follow @CityBurlington on social media.
Links and Resources