City parking lot 5, on Brant Street between James Street and Pine Street, is open for parking while construction continues.
The new multi-use pathway runs east-west across the heart of downtown Burlington from Martha Street to Brant Street:
- Phase One – between Pearl Street and Elizabeth Street was completed in June 2017
- Phase Two – between Elizabeth Street and John Street is currently under construction and is expected to be completed in spring 2018
- Phase Three – between John Street and Brant Street is currently under construction and is expected to be completed in spring 2018
- Phase Four – between Martha Street and Pearl Street is forecasted for construction in 2019.
Features of the construction taking place between Elizabeth Street and Brant Street include:
- Creation of a new multi-use pathway connection that will run from Pearl Street to Brant Street
- A new second driveway entrance for parking lot 5 from John Street
- Resurfacing of parking areas
- Replacement of three bus shelters on both sides of John Street
- New trees and plants
- New benches, LED lighting and a bike shelter
- A new Electric Vehicle charging station in parking lot 5
- A 300 m2 public space beside Brant Street with areas for seating and entertainment
- A new public art piece, Portal.
For more information, please visit www.burlington.ca/carvinganewpath.