*Please see an update below issued by Ontario’s Big City Mayors (OBCM, formerly Large Urban Mayors’ Caucus of Ontario – LUMCO).
LUMCO is excited to announce its new name: Ontario’s Big City Mayors (OBCM). While the name has changed, our mission remains the same: to represent the interests of Ontario’s 29 biggest cities, and almost 70% of Ontarians, through public policy development, advocacy and discussion.
Ontario’s Big City Mayors (OBCM) is comprised of mayors of Ontario cities with populations of 100,000 or more.
OBCM provides a voice for big city mayors in policy debates that impact Ontario cities. Through policy development, advocacy, discussion and partnerships, Ontario’s Big City Mayors support strong and effective cities.
OBCM achieves this by:
- Forging relationships with the federal and provincial governments, municipal organizations such as the Association of Municipalities of Ontario and the Federation of Canadian Municipalities, and other stakeholders
- Meeting with government ministers and representatives to voice the perspective of big cities and work together to achieve shared goals
- Taking public positions on key issues and opportunities that affect big cities
- Sharing information, data, research, and resources among members and with other governments, stakeholders, and organizations
- Participating in government policy consultation processes as the voice of Ontario’s big cities
Mayor Cam Guthrie, City of Guelph, is the current Chair and Mayor Jeff Lehman, City of Barrie, is the Vice-Chair.
|List of member municipalities|
Regional governments are not members of OBCM because they are represented by the Mayors and Regional Chairs of Ontario (MARCO).
- Burlington Mayor Meed Ward Acclaimed to the Large Urban Caucus of the Association of Municipalities of Ontario
*Posted by John Bkila, Mayor’s Media and Digital Communications Specialist.