Welcome to the Mayor’s Monday Mailbag, an initiative Burlington Mayor Marianne Meed Ward and the Mayor’s Office launched to share weekly answers to questions from the public we’ve received through our main email inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Mayor’s social media platforms.
At the end of the month, we publish a roundup of those most pressing questions we’ve received in the weeks prior.
Mayor’s Monday Mailbag – May 15, 2023
“I received an automated call from ‘TellCityHall’ — are these coming from Burlington City Hall?”
If you’ve received an automated phone call recently where the call display read “TellCityHall,” it didn’t come from Burlington City Hall.
We received feedback from the public regarding these calls initially in 2019 and it appears they have been recently popping up again.
TellCityHall is a market research company based out of Edmonton, Alta., that does surveys for the private and public sector. In 2019, the company was conducting a few surveys with the public, including ones on the carbon tax and cannabis.
“Random digit dialing” is done for their surveys. Its website also mentions they serve governments and non-profits. There is no affiliation with the City of Burlington.
We thank the members of our community who have reached out to alert us of these calls.
It is important the public is always informed, particularly when it comes to digital/phone surveys. If you have or someone you know has received a similar call from TellCityHall, please note it is not from your elected officials or staff here at the City of Burlington.
You can also help spread the word to others so that they’re aware, as well.
• • •
- Mayor’s Monday Mailbag – May 8, 2023 – Burlington Has Twin-City Agreements — What Are Those?
- Mayor’s Monday Mailbag – May 1, 2023 – How Do I Get My Halton Free Parking Pass for Burlington Beach If I Don’t Have A Smartphone?
- Mayor’s Mailbag – April 2023 Roundup – Parking Permit Program Update; Spring Cleanup; & Mayor’s Chamber Award Update
- Mayor’s Mailbag – March 2023 Roundup – Recognizing a Cause/Event, Burlington City Crest, & Windrows/Snow-Clearing
- Mayor’s Mailbag – February 2023 Roundup – City Winter Service Levels, Tax Support for Seniors on Fixed Incomes, & Support Accessing Recreation Programs
- Mayor’s Mailbag – January 2023 Roundup – Mental Health Resources, Arts & Culture Fund, & Homelessness Support
- Mayor’s Mailbag – December 2022 Roundup – Bill 23, Neighbourhood Community Matching Fund, & Winter Storm Updates