*Please see below a media release issued by the City of Burlington.
Burlington, Ont. — March 29, 2021 — City of Burlington administrative services will be closed for Good Friday, on Friday, April 2, and Easter Monday, on Monday, April 5. For a list of which City services and facilities are available on the Easter holiday weekend, please see the summary below or visit burlington.ca.
*Important information regarding COVID-19: The information provided below is accurate as of March 29, 2021. In the event of any changes made to current COVID-19 public health measures by the Province of Ontario, please visit burlington.ca/coronavirus for potential impacts to City services and programs.
|CITY SERVICE||HOLIDAY CLOSURE INFORMATION|
|Animal Services||The Animal Shelter at 2424 Industrial St. remains closed to the public due to COVID-19.|
To report an animal control-related emergency, call 905-335-3030 or visit www.burlington.ca/animal.
|Burlington Transit||Burlington Transit will operate a Sunday schedule on Good Friday. For real-time bus information and schedules visit myride.burlingtontransit.ca.|
The downtown terminal at 430 John St. and Specialized Dispatch will be closed on Friday, April 2.
|City Hall||The Service Burlington counter at City Hall (426 Brant St.), will be closed to all appointments and walk-in service on Friday, April 2 and Monday, April 5.|
Many service payments are available online at burlington.ca/onlineservices.
|Halton Court Services – Provincial Offences Office||Court administration counter services at 4085 Palladium Way will be closed on Friday April 2, 2020 and Monday April 5, 2021.|
With the exception of the Easter closure, telephone payments are available at 905-637-1274, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. All in-person services are available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday to Friday. Many services are also available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online at Halton Court Services
|Parking||Free parking is available downtown, on the street, in municipal lots and in the parking garage (414 Locust St.) on weekends and holidays, including Good Friday and Easter Monday.|
NOTE: The Waterfront parking lots (east and west) do not provide free parking on statutory holidays.
Parking exemptions are required to park overnight on city streets and for longer than five hours. Visit burlington.ca/parkingexemptions
|Recreation Programs and Facilities||Drop-In Recreation Activities|
All users must pre-register and complete the online COVID-19 screening at burlington.ca/screening. Registration opens 25 hours in advance of program start times. To view program times, visit burlington.ca/dropinandplay
Please see below for a list of opportunities available in Burlington (weather permitting) or visit www.burlington.ca/outdoorplay.
Please note: several of the outdoor recreational amenities listed below are not monitored. We ask that you cooperate with others using the space and follow all COVID-19 health precautions and posted signage. If the outdoor recreational space is busy, please try another outdoor recreational amenity in the city or come back at a different time. Please be kind to one another, remain vigilant and stay safe.
Tennis and Pickleball Courts
Parks and Trails
Active at Home
Options to stay active at home are available online at burlington.ca/activeathome, including a series of virtual activities from fitness to crafts for everyone to enjoy. All videos are free and new videos are added frequently.
|Roads, Parks and Forestry||The administrative office will be closed on Friday, April 2 and Monday, April 5.|
Essential services will be provided as required.
PLEASE NOTE: To stay updated on what the City of Burlington is doing regarding COVID-19, please visit the dedicated pages burlington.ca/coronavirus (and subscribe) and bit.ly/mayormeedwardCOVID19updates, and our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page — bit.ly/COVID19BurlingtonFAQ that are updated as new information becomes available.
A consolidated page for information and updates on the work of the provincial Ministers’ COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Task Force is available at bit.ly/COVIDVaccineUpdates.
Halton Region has also created a dedicated COVID-19 Vaccine webpage at halton.ca/covidvaccines for up to date information on the status of our COVID19 vaccination program.
A Burlington COVID-19 Task Force has been created to help support our community through this unprecedented emergency — updates will be provided at burlington.ca/COVID19taskforce.
To report an incident of non-compliance with provincial emergency orders, please contact the Halton Regional Police Service COVID-19 Hotline: 905-825-4722.
We’ve also created a dedicated page to feature the local organizations and businesses that have inspired us during the COVID-19 pandemic by taking action to support our community in new and creative ways — head to bit.ly/covidwallofinspiration.
HELPFUL RESOURCES & RELATED LINKS:
- Community questions and requests regarding City of Burlington services can be directed to Service Burlington by phone at 905-335-7777, by email at email@example.com or online.
- Halton Region has created a Reopening Schools resource webpage for parents, students and teachers at halton.ca/covid19.
- For further COVID-19 information, including where to get tested, please visit Halton Region Public Health halton.ca/coronavirus
- Residents can stay informed at burlington.ca/coronavirus as well as on our social media channels: @cityburlington on Twitter and facebook.com/cityburlington
- Questions about the cancellation of Recreation programs can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or 905-335-7738
- City of Burlington: www.burlington.ca/coronavirus
- Resources for Residents & Non-Profit Organizations: www.burlington.ca/covid19resources.
- Halton Region: www.halton.ca/coronavirus
- Government of Ontario: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
- Provincial Emergency Orders: https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200052
- Government of Canada: www.canada.ca/coronavirus
- World Health Organization: www.who.int
- Joseph Brant Hospital: josephbranthospital.ca/covid-19
- Team Burlington Business Supports: burlingtonchamber.com/team-burl-supporting-burl-business-during-covid-19/
- Burlington Food Bank: call 905-637-CARE (2273), or visit burlingtonfoodbank.ca
- Food for Life: call 905-635-1106 and press 7, or visit foodforlife.ca
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Halton Branch: call 289-291-5396, or visit halton.cmha.ca
*Posted by John Bkila, Mayor’s Media and Digital Communications Specialist