Next week, a Community Planning Department report is coming to the Dec. 8 Community Planning, Regulation and Mobility Committee meeting on staff comments to Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) and Environmental Registry of Ontario (ERO) for the Burlington Nelson Quarry Extension.
Staff in the City’s Community Planning Department will continue a detailed review of the applications related to the proposed quarry expansion through the Joint Agency Review Team (JART) and provide updates to Council as to the status of the review and response(s) to items noted in the City’s objections letter/comments.
In the interim, Community Planning Department staff will be looking to Council for direction and endorsement of the draft response to the MNRF and ERO, as part of the ongoing reporting of City comments in relation to the proposed development.
To read the staff report in full, please click this link: PL-57-20 – Comments to MNRF and ERO for Nelson Quarry Extension.
A note to the public that Appendix A of the report will be distributed under a separate cover and will go to a Special Council meeting immediately following the Dec. 10, 2020 Corporate Services, Strategy, Risk & Accountability (CSSRA) Committee meeting.
The recommendation is to:
- Endorse staff comments contained within Appendix ‘A’ of community planning department report PL-57-20 (‘City of Burlington – Objection Letter re: Burlington Nelson Quarry Extension’); and
- Direct the Director of Community Planning to forward ‘City of Burlington – Objection Letter re: Burlington Nelson Quarry Extension’ by courier and email to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) and Applicant prior to the comment deadline; and
- Direct the Director of Community Planning to submit ‘City of Burlington – Objection Letter re: Burlington Nelson Quarry Extension’ to the Environmental Registry of Ontario (ERO) in response to ERO No. 019-2698 prior to the comment deadline; and
- Direct the City Clerk to forward Council’s resolution, subject to the endorsement of community planning report PL-57-20, to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) and applicant; and
- Direct the City Clerk to forward community planning report PL-57-20 to the Joint Agency Review Team.
To delegate virtually at this meeting, complete the online delegation registration form at www.burlington.ca/delegate or submit a written request by email to the Clerks Department at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Dec. 7. All requests to delegate must contain a copy of the delegate’s intended remarks that will be circulated to all members of committee in advance as a backup should any technology issues occur.
If you do not wish to delegate, but would still like to submit your feedback, please email your comments to email@example.com. Your comments will be circulated to committee members in advance of the meeting and will be attached to the minutes, forming part of the public record.
As always, you can watch a live webcast of the CPRM Committee meeting on Dec. 8 at burlington.ca/calendar and clicking the “LIVE” link that appears below the date of the meeting shortly before its 9:30 a.m. start time.
- PL-57-20 Appendix A City objection letter to Nelson Quarry Extension
- Next Steps for Proposed Nelson Quarry Expansion in Burlington
- Technical Documents for Nelson Quarry Expansion Available
- Nelson Quarry Expansion Application Deemed Complete; Report in September
- Nelson Quarry Application to be Reviewed by Joint Agency Review Team
- Halton Regional Council Approves Revised Process for Reviewing Quarry Expansion Applications
- Halton Regional Council Update: Nelson Quarry’s Plans to Expand Operations
- Nelson Quarry Plans to Expand Operations
*Posted by John Bkila, Mayor’s Media and Digital Communications Specialist