The Region of Halton has released a few frequently asked COVID-19 related questions it has received and who is the best organization to contact for answers in an effort to better help guide and inform our residents during the difficult and unprecedented time.
Please see the the questions and contact information below that is broken down into Residents; Business/Employee; and Donations and Volunteer inquiries:
|How do I get assessed or tested for COVID-19?||Halton Region||halton.ca/COVID19|
|I am a low-income resident who is self-isolating and having difficulty accessing food, who can I contact?||Food for Life|
905-635-1106 press 7
|Where can I get information about financial assistance, Employment Insurance|
|I am an essential worker; how can I register my child for child care?||Halton Region||halton.ca|
|Who do I call to report an individual(s) in non-compliance with emergency orders (a non-essential business is open; use of outdoor recreational amenities; social or group gatherings of 5 or more; public places and establishments are still open; and Quarantine Act?)||Halton Regional Police Service||COVID-19 Hotline|
|Complaint about an individual(s) ignoring physical distancing direction?||Halton Regional Police Service||COVID-19 Hotline|
|Who do I call if a business is charging unfair prices for necessary products (price gouging)?||Province of Ontario||1-800-809-9768|
|Where do I report an employer that is not keeping employees safe?||Ministry of Labour||1-877-202-0008|
|Is my business an essential service?||Province of Ontario||Stop the Spread Business Information Line|
|Where do I report a non-essential business that is open?||Halton Regional Police Service||COVID-19 Hotline|
|Where do I report an employer that is not ensuring employees are safe?||Ministry of Labour||1-877-2020-0008|
|I need information on how to keep my employees safe.||Halton Regionemail@example.com|
|My business can help the response to COVID-19 with products or in another capacity.||Halton Regionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|I would like to donate and/or manufacture medical supplies, such as PPE.||Provincial|
|My business has products to sell or donate to Halton Region.||Halton Regionemail@example.com|
DONATIONS AND VOLUNTEER INQUIRIES:
|I am a not-for-profit or charitable organization wanting to provide support to the community at this time.||Halton Region||311|
|How can my not-for-profit or charitable organization access funding to support the community?||Halton Region||311|
|How can I make a donation to support the community?||United Way|
COVID-19 Emergency Fund
|I would like to volunteer to assist the community.||Community Development Halton||https://halton.cioc.ca/volunteer/|
PLEASE NOTE: To stay updated on what the City of Burlington is doing regarding COVID-19, please visit the dedicated pages burlington.ca/coronavirus (and subscribe) and bit.ly/mayormeedwardCOVID19updates, and our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page — bit.ly/COVID19BurlingtonFAQ that are updated as new information becomes available.
A Burlington COVID-19 Task Force has been created to help support our community through this unprecedented emergency — updates will be provided at burlington.ca/COVID19taskforce.
To report an incident of non-compliance with provincial emergency orders, please contact the Halton Regional Police Service COVID-19 Hotline: 905-825-4722.
HELPFUL RESOURCES & RELATED LINKS:
- Community questions and requests regarding City of Burlington services can be directed to Service Burlington by phone at 903-335-7777, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online.
- For further COVID-19 information, including where to get tested, please visit Halton Region Public Health halton.ca/coronavirus
- Residents can stay informed at burlington.ca/coronavirus as well as on our social media channels: @cityburlington on Twitter and facebook.com/cityburlington
- Questions about the cancellation of Recreation programs can be directed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-335-7738
- City of Burlington: www.burlington.ca/coronavirus
- Halton Region: www.halton.ca/coronavirus
- Government of Ontario: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
- Government of Canada: www.canada.ca/coronavirus
- World Health Organization: www.who.int
- Joseph Brant Hospital: josephbranthospital.ca/covid-19
- Chamber of Commerce Business Supports: burlingtonchamber.com/team-burl-supporting-burl-business-during-covid-19/
*Posted by John Bkila, Mayor’s Media and Digital Communications Specialist