*Please see a media release below issued by the City of Burlington.
Burlington, Ont. — July 30, 2020 — To assist people in complying with the temporary Mask By-law and to help contain the spread of COVID-19, the City of Burlington is offering free packs of disposable masks from City Hall and as of Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2020, individual reusable masks will be available from City Hall and Burlington Public Library’s (BPL) Tansley Woods, New Appleby, Aldershot and Central branches.
Burlington residents who need a mask can come to City Hall or a library branch listed above during operating hours to pick up a mask for themselves or their family.
A staff member located at the entrance doors can direct inquiring residents to take a mask home for use. We recommend that residents follow Public Health Guidelines and wash their re-useable cloth masks before and after use.
Locations and Hours
- City Hall
426 Brant St. (use Elgin Street entrance)
Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Burlington Public Library – Central Branch
2331 New St.
- Burlington Public Library – Aldershot Branch
550 Plains Rd. E.
- Burlington Public Library – New Appleby
676 Appleby Line
- Burlington Public Library – Tansley Wood Branch
1996 Itabashi Way
Burlington Public Library branches are open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information about masks and the temporary Mask By-law, go to burlington.ca/masks.
The City is also collecting re-useable cloth masks (preferred) and disposable face masks from anyone who would like to donate them. For those who wish, monetary donations are also accepted in the form of debit, e-transfer, credit card and cheque to help the City purchase more masks for residents. Cash is not being accepted at this time.
All donations are greatly appreciated and will help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- The City will issue a tax donation receipt for donations of $25 or more. In order to issue a donation receipt, include your name and full address
- Donations can be taken to Service Burlington in City Hall or mailed to City Hall, attention: Service Burlington, 426 Brant St., Burlington, ON, L7R 3Z6 with a note “Mask Donation” and your name and full address
- Monetary donations can be e-transferred to firstname.lastname@example.org with a note in the memo for “Mask Donation”. Please note, that e-transfers can only be done if the donor’s bank allows automated deposits. If you can send the e-transfer without entering a password or question, then your bank allows automated deposits
- Businesses are welcome to donate branded masks
MAYOR MEED WARD’S TAKE:
I am so pleased at the generosity we have seen from our community, enabling us to coordinate the free distribution of masks to those who need them. Our businesses continue to step up to help mitigate the spread of this virus and keep our city healthy and open for business. I want to also thank city staff, councillors and the Burlington Public Library for their time and effort in making this happen in such a timely manner.
- City updates mandatory mask bylaw to exempt children under five, remove face shields as substitute masks and other changes
- Mask Bylaw and Information: burlington.ca/masks
- Burlington, Here’s What You Need to Know About the Temporary Mask Bylaws Approved by City, Regional Councils
- Can Businesses Refuse Me Service if I’m Not Wearing a Mask?
- Patients and Visitors Required to Wear Masks at Joseph Brant Hospital
- Halton Region Moving to Stage 3 of Reopening as Mandatory Mask By-Law also comes into Effect
- Burlington Mayor Sends Letters to Condo, Apartment Associations Requesting Support With Mandatory Mask Guidelines
PLEASE NOTE: To stay updated on what the City of Burlington is doing regarding COVID-19, please visit the dedicated pages burlington.ca/coronavirus (and subscribe) and bit.ly/mayormeedwardCOVID19updates, and our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page — bit.ly/COVID19BurlingtonFAQ that are updated as new information becomes available.
A Burlington COVID-19 Task Force has been created to help support our community through this unprecedented emergency — updates will be provided at burlington.ca/COVID19taskforce.
To report an incident of non-compliance with provincial emergency orders, please contact the Halton Regional Police Service COVID-19 Hotline: 905-825-4722.
We’ve also created a dedicated page to feature the local organizations and businesses that have inspired us during the COVID-19 pandemic by taking action to support our community in new and creative ways — head to bit.ly/covidwallofinspiration.
HELPFUL RESOURCES & RELATED LINKS:
- Community questions and requests regarding City of Burlington services can be directed to Service Burlington by phone at 905-335-7777, by email at email@example.com or online.
- For further COVID-19 information, including where to get tested, please visit Halton Region Public Health halton.ca/coronavirus
- Residents can stay informed at burlington.ca/coronavirus as well as on our social media channels: @cityburlington on Twitter and facebook.com/cityburlington
- Questions about the cancellation of Recreation programs can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or 905-335-7738
- City of Burlington: www.burlington.ca/coronavirus
- Resources for Residents & Non-Profit Organizations: www.burlington.ca/covid19resources.
- Halton Region: www.halton.ca/coronavirus
- Government of Ontario: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
- Provincial Emergency Orders: https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200052
- Government of Canada: www.canada.ca/coronavirus
- World Health Organization: www.who.int
- Joseph Brant Hospital: josephbranthospital.ca/covid-19
- Team Burlington Business Supports: burlingtonchamber.com/team-burl-supporting-burl-business-during-covid-19/
- Burlington Food Bank: call 905-637-CARE (2273), or visit burlingtonfoodbank.ca
- Food for Life: call 905-635-1106 and press 7, or visit foodforlife.ca
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Halton Branch: call 289-291-5396, or visit halton.cmha.ca
*Posted by John Bkila, Mayor’s Media and Digital Communications Specialist