The COVID-19 Task Force met again today as we continue to identify the challenges faced throughout our community during this pandemic, and work together to ideate and implement solutions.
We were pleased to welcome representatives from the Burlington Restaurant Association this week as we work to mitigate the unique challenges this industry continues to face. We look forward to their continued involvement and accelerating our collective support and advocacy.
Our discussions today focused on our work to create a directory for business owners and the public to find personal protective items like face masks, and TEAM Burlington reported back that they have already made that directory live on their website. We also discussed the directory for workplace PPE that the Province released yesterday on their website.
Updates were provided on work being done in partnership with the Gift of Giving Back to organize a community food drive in the near future, and we heard from the Burlington Foundation and United Way of Halton & Hamilton on their funding and grants.
We also discussed measures the City is taking to better support curbside pick-up for businesses in our downtown core that do not have their own parking lots and what streets will see the implementation of new 20-minute time limits to better facilitate this program and encourage quicker turnover for customer accessibility.
You can read the full agenda and action items here: Burlington COVID-19 Task Force Meeting 6 – Action Items and Highlights
Next week’s meeting will be on Thursday and we look forward to keeping you informed.
- Burlington’s COVID-19 Task Force April 7 Meeting Highlights
- COVID-19 Task Force Meeting #2 Highlights
- COVID-19 Task Force Meeting #3 Highlights
- COVID-19 Task Force Meeting #4 Highlights
- COVID-19 Task Force Meeting #5 Highlights
PLEASE NOTE: To stay updated on what the City of Burlington is doing regarding COVID-19, please visit the dedicated pages burlington.ca/coronavirus (and subscribe) and bit.ly/mayormeedwardCOVID19updates, and our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page — bit.ly/COVID19BurlingtonFAQ that are updated as new information becomes available.
A Burlington COVID-19 Task Force has been created to help support our community through this unprecedented emergency — updates will be provided at burlington.ca/COVID19taskforce.
To report an incident of non-compliance with provincial emergency orders, please contact the Halton Regional Police Service COVID-19 Hotline: 905-825-4722.
We’ve also created a dedicated page to feature the local organizations and businesses that have inspired us during the COVID-19 pandemic by taking action to support our community in new and creative ways — head to bit.ly/covidwallofinspiration.
HELPFUL RESOURCES & RELATED LINKS:
- Community questions and requests regarding City of Burlington services can be directed to Service Burlington by phone at 903-335-7777, by email at email@example.com or online.
- For further COVID-19 information, including where to get tested, please visit Halton Region Public Health halton.ca/coronavirus
- Residents can stay informed at burlington.ca/coronavirus as well as on our social media channels: @cityburlington on Twitter and facebook.com/cityburlington
- Questions about the cancellation of Recreation programs can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or 905-335-7738
- City of Burlington: www.burlington.ca/coronavirus
- Resources for Residents & Non-Profit Organizations: www.burlington.ca/covid19resources.
- Halton Region: www.halton.ca/coronavirus
- Government of Ontario: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
- Provincial Emergency Orders: https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200052
- Government of Canada: www.canada.ca/coronavirus
- World Health Organization: www.who.int
- Joseph Brant Hospital: josephbranthospital.ca/covid-19
- Team Burlington Business Supports: burlingtonchamber.com/team-burl-supporting-burl-business-during-covid-19/
- Burlington Food Bank: call 905-637-CARE (2273), or visit burlingtonfoodbank.ca
- Food for Life: call 905-635-1106 and press 7, or visit foodforlife.ca
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Halton Branch: call 289-291-5396, or visit halton.cmha.ca