Starting this winter, Halton Region will be upgrading the wastewater sewer system and maintenance holes on several local streets to maintain the wastewater infrastructure and reduce the risk of basement flooding. It is part of the Region’s infrastructure construction plan for roads, water, wastewater, and waste management projects across Halton.
The streets affected in Burlington include:
- Beaver Street, between First Street and Lakeshore Road — see map PR-3042O Notice of Construction (Beaver Street) Word LetterMapFinalPDF (002);
- South Service Road, at Fraser Drive — see map PR-3042O Notice of Construction (South Service Road) LetterMapFinalPDF;
- Crofton Way, near Heather Hills and Four Seasons drives — see map PR-3042O Notice of Construction (Crofton Way) LetterMapFinalPDF;
- Brant Street (Regional Road 18), in the area of Brant and Upper Middle — see map PR-3042O Notice of Construction (Brant Street) LetterMapFinalPDF;
- Glen Acres Court, at Townsend Avenue — see map PR-3042O Notice of Construction (Glen Acres Court) LetterMapFinalPDF.
The contractor for all the projects is Atlantis Underground Services Inc., with project administration by Halton Region. Construction is expected to be completed by this summer.
Utilities, such as Union Gas, Hydro and Bell Canada, have already started to locate and mark out their existing infrastructure to prepare for this construction. Please do not remove these marker stakes or paint markings. The Region’s staff will come back to remove them once the project is complete.
Project Related Information and Recommendations:
- Traffic Delays – while the Region will try to make every effort to minimize any potential inconveniences to the local areas, there may be traffic delays, lane shifts or lane restrictions because of these projects – advance notice will be given when disruptions have to happen occur, while emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times;
- Driveway Access – during the projects, direct access to your driveway may be restricted for short periods of time; you will be notified in advance if this will happen;
- Waste Collection – your garbage and recycling will continue to be picked up on the regular scheduled day. It is the contractor’s responsibility to move your garbage and recycling to a location where our collection vehicles can pick them up. Please mark your house number on your containers or bins to help with identification;
- Truck Traffic – there will be, at times, increased truck traffic in the construction areas, so please be aware and use extra caution while driving;
- Vibration – there may be some vibration because of the work being done, so as a precaution, it is recommended you remove or secure objects on shelves and walls;
- Mail Delivery – there aren’t any changes or delays anticipated to mail delivery; if there is, residents will be notified in advance;
- Noise – there may be noise as a result of the construction work, which will be scheduled to follow local noise bylaws;
- Lawn Irrigation System – if you have a lawn irrigation system, please locate any sprinkler heads within the public road allowance and on your property. If the lawn irrigation system is damaged by the Region’s construction activities, it will reimburse you for the repair and reinstatement of the damaged irrigation system;
- Wastewater Services – there may be some disruption to wastewater services at various times throughout the course of the project. If that happens, residents will receive written notice of any scheduled shutdowns or disruptions, a minimum of 48 hours beforehand;
- Night Work – work taking place in the evening and/or nighttime may be needed, so you will be notified in advance of any changes in work hours;
- Dust and Mud – because of the nature of the work, there may be increased levels of dust and mud near the work site. The contractor is required to manage the impact on the local area.
More information on these Regional construction projects is available online at www.halton.ca/construction. If residents have any questions, dial 311 or contact Regional Project Manager Alexander Andrenkov at 905-825-6000 (toll-free 1-866-442-5866), ext. 7141, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.