Burlington, Ont.—Oct. 29, 2018— The City of Burlington’s loose-leaf collection program starts on Monday, Nov. 5. Residents are encouraged check the leaf collection schedule and rake leaves to the curb as close as possible to their pickup date.
To ensure the safety of collection crews and avoid damaging equipment, please keep the loose-leaf piles free of debris and sticks. Leaves mixed with debris and waste will not be collected. Please help prevent flooding, by keeping catch basins and ditches clear of leaves.
To ensure a successful pick-up, residents can:
- Rake leaves to the edge of the curb or roadway in a loose pile. Do not pile leaves on the road
- Remove basketball nets, cars and other obstructions from the road during pick-up dates
- Clear leaves from sidewalks and walkways
- Avoid placing garbage bags, bins, Blue Boxes or GreenCarts on top of loose-leaf piles
- Give crews distance to remove the leaves when driving
After the collection program is complete, any remaining leaves should be placed in yard-waste bags for curb side collection by Halton Region.
Links and Resources