*Please see below a news release issued by the City of Burlington.
Burlington, Ont. — Sept. 22, 2022 — The City of Burlington continues to measure and share progress on the key actions outlined in Vision to Focus – the City’s four-year work plan. The semi-annual update was presented to Council to show what projects and initiatives are complete. These actions support achieving the City’s Vision 2040 Strategic Plan and the long-term vision for our city.
The following has been completed:
- 7 of the 12 key priorities
- 20 of the 39 key actions
- 14 additional initiatives
Examples of recently completed items include the City’s Housing Strategy setting out the long-term vision for housing in Burlington, development of a Fire Master Plan, completion of the Rural Active Transportation Strategy and implementation schedule, annual transit service plans improving access to Burlington Transit Service, development of the Climate Change Adaptation Plan to prepare Burlington to manage and respond to climate change impacts, and more.
More information on completed items is available at burlington.ca/vision2focus
The COVID-19 pandemic did significantly alter timelines of actions in this work plan. Despite the impacts of the pandemic, key action work continued to ensure the City moves forward on achieving goals to make our community better. The Vision to Focus plan is a living document and some initiatives identified in this plan will go beyond this 4-year Council term for continued implementation.
City resources are aligned to ensure progress is made in the 5 identified focus areas:
- Focus Area 1 – Increasing Economic Prosperity and Community Responsive Growth Management
- Focus Area 2 – Improving Integrated City Mobility
- Focus Area 3 – Supporting Sustainable Infrastructure and a Resilient Environment
- Focus Area 4 – Building More Citizen Engagement, Community Health and Culture
- Focus Area 5 – Delivering Customer Centric Services with a Focus on Efficiency and Technology Transformation
All focus areas in this workplan have seen measurable progress.
“The City committed to letting our community know our progress shared in our Vision to Focus initiatives and we continue to honour this commitment. City staff are actively engaged and working to achieve the goals set out in Vision to Focus. Achieving these goals moves us closer to the long-term vision for the future of Burlington. This progress supports the delivery of effective and efficient City services for our community.” — Sheila Jones, Executive Director of Strategy, Risk & Accountability, City of Burlington
- A series of joint workshops and engagements were held with the 2018-2022 Burlington Council and the Burlington Leadership Team to reconfirm the specific focus areas and define goals and actions required to execute on the plan
- In May 2020, the Vision to Focus integrated reporting tool was introduced to Council. Access to the reporting tool was made available to Council, City management and staff in 2020. Reporting on Vision to Focus progress will continue to be priority with ongoing and regular Council reporting.
Burlington is a city where people, nature and businesses thrive. Sign up to learn more about Burlington at burlington.ca/subscribe and follow @CityBurlington on social media.
Links and Resources: