*Please see below a news release issued by the City of Burlington.
Burlington, Ont. — Feb. 16, 2022 — The Province of Ontario has announced their plan and next step in gradually easing public health measures, starting with increases to indoor facility and program capacities. The following changes will take effect Feb. 17, 2022 at 12:01 a.m.
- Recreation facility capacity limits will be increased for rental, program and activity spaces, while ensuring requirements for physical distancing are maintained. Existing program providers and facility renters have been notified directly.
- Drop-in recreation programs will increase capacity. Participants are still encouraged to register in advance. For schedule and online registration visit burlington.ca/dropinandplay. For information on how to register or to setup an account, visit burlington.ca/registration
- Registered winter courses already in progress may open additional spots if possible, pending staffing, regulations, specific ratios, and maintaining physical distancing for example. Check liveandplay.burlington.ca for new spots.
- Spectator seating areas remain at 50 per cent capacity, and changerooms and dressing room capacities remain limited. Occupancies are posted.
Proof of Vaccination and Screening
Proof of vaccination with an enhanced vaccine certificate with QR code is currently required for entry into City recreational facilities.
Masking and physical distancing is still required.
Those entering recreation facilities will be actively screened by acknowledging posted screening questions at the point of entry. Pre-screening in advance of arrival is no longer required.
For more information on what to expect at City recreational facilities, visit burlington.ca/coronavirusfaq
“Health of participants and staff will always be a top priority. We’re looking forward to safely and carefully welcoming more people back into our facilities and programs. Increasing program capacities takes time so please be patient as we work through these changes.” — Chris Glenn, Director of Recreation, Community & Culture, City of Burlington
RELATED LINKS & RESOURCES:
- Ontario Moving to Next Phase of Reopening on Feb. 17
*Posted by John Bkila, Mayor’s Media and Digital Communications Specialist