*Please see below a news release issued by the City of Burlington.
Burlington, Ont. – Sept. 14, 2021—The City of Burlington, in partnership with Cogeco, has launched free, public-facing Wi-Fi in Spencer Smith Park (1400 Lakeshore Rd.).
The free Wi-Fi network is open to all park visitors daily and is available throughout most of the park.
“This project is just one of the ways we are modernizing the delivery of the City’s services to help everyone stay connected, access public services and enjoy a better park experience.” — Chad MacDonald, Chief Information Officer, City of Burlington
- In 2015, free Wi-Fi was installed at Millcroft Park (4250 Millcroft Park Dr.) as part of a pilot program with Cogeco, to provide internet access within certain areas of the park.
- Currently, there is free Wi-Fi access in over 15 city facilities, including City Hall, arenas and recreation and community centres.
- The installation of free Wi-Fi access in city facilities and parks aligns with Focus Area 5 of the City’s work plan, 2018 to 2022 Plan: From Vision to Focus, Delivering Customer Centric Services with a Focus on Efficiency and Technology Transformation.
Links and Resources:
- Learn more about Spencer Smith Park.
- Learn more about Millcroft Park.
- Read more about the City’s work plan, 2018 to 2022 Plan: From Vision to Focus, that prioritizes key strategic directions from Burlington’s long-term 25-year Strategic Plan.
*Posted by John Bkila, Mayor’s Media and Digital Communications Specialist