Our weekly series “Budget Briefs” lets residents know how our community will be benefitting from specific investments in Burlington’s approved 2023 Operating and Capital Budget.
• • •
As part of the investments in the 2023 Operating and Capital Budget, the City of Burlington is updating its Coyote Response Strategy.
These investments mean that staff can mobilize faster to respond to any issues and implement pre-emptive measures to protect community members and our local coyote wildlife.
The benefits of implementation of this updated strategy include:
- Development of education programs;
- Proactive tracking of coyote movement; and
- Proactive property standards enforcement.
The additional resources include:
- Two (2) Animal Control Officers and vehicles;
- Additional communications (including mobile signage) and literature; and
- Use of Wildelife Expert and Veterinarian.
An update from staff was given to Council at the March 28, 2023 meeting of the Community Planning, Regulation and Mobility (CPRM) Committee. Click here for the Update to Coyote Strategy staff report and related appendices for more information.
- 2023 City of Burlington Operating and Capital Budget Book
- Staff 2023 Budget Overview Presentation: F-01-23 2023 Budget Overview Staff Presentation
- Motion amendments to the budget from Council – 2023 Budget Appendix: F-01-23-1 App B 2023 Council Budget Motion Memorandums
- Meeting Minutes:
• • •
- Joint Statement on the Burlington 2023 Budget: Investing in our Community Now & for Future Generations
- City of Burlington News Release: Burlington Council Approves 2023 Budget Focused on Improving & Protecting the Future of our Growing & Changing City
- Additional Budget Briefs:
- Budget Investments See Creation of New Bylaw Compliance Department in Burlington
- Burlington’s Skyway Community Centre and Arena Getting Expansion, Enhancement Updates
- Active Transportation, Open Street Initiatives & Events Receive Additional Funding in Burlington
- Several Creek Projects Happening in 2023 for Stormwater Management, Including Erosion Control & Drainage Improvements
- Burlington Continuing Free Beachway Parking Pass Program for Halton Residents
- Improvements Coming to Several Burlington Roadways in 2023 & Over Next Four Years
- Free Transit for Youth on Weekends, Evenings in Burlington
- Upgrades to 13 Burlington Parks Coming in 2023; Several More Over Next Four Years