Our weekly series “Budget Briefs” lets residents know how our community will be benefitting from specific investments in Burlington’s approved 2023 Operating and Capital Budget.
• • •
As part of the investments in the 2023 Operating and Capital Budget, the City of Burlington is expanding the operations of Burlington Transit.
The benefits of implementation of transit expansion include:
- Operational funding for four (4) conventional buses and one (1) Handi-van purchased in the 2022 Capital Budget; and
- Supports the Transit 5-year business plan.
The additional resources include:
- Four (4) additional buses + eight (8) new drivers; and
- One (1) additional Handi-Van + one (1) new specialized driver.
- 2023 City of Burlington Operating and Capital Budget Book
- Staff 2023 Budget Overview Presentation: F-01-23 2023 Budget Overview Staff Presentation
- Motion amendments to the budget from Council – 2023 Budget Appendix: F-01-23-1 App B 2023 Council Budget Motion Memorandums
- Meeting Minutes:
• • •
- Joint Statement on the Burlington 2023 Budget: Investing in our Community Now & for Future Generations
- City of Burlington News Release: Burlington Council Approves 2023 Budget Focused on Improving & Protecting the Future of our Growing & Changing City
- Additional Budget Briefs:
- Establishing Community Safety Zones Part of New Burlington Automated Speed Enforcement Plan
- Burlington’s Coyote Strategy Updated Thanks to 2023 Budget Investments
- Budget Investments See Creation of New Bylaw Compliance Department in Burlington
- Burlington’s Skyway Community Centre and Arena Getting Expansion, Enhancement Updates
- Active Transportation, Open Street Initiatives & Events Receive Additional Funding in Burlington
- Several Creek Projects Happening in 2023 for Stormwater Management, Including Erosion Control & Drainage Improvements
- Burlington Continuing Free Beachway Parking Pass Program for Halton Residents
- Improvements Coming to Several Burlington Roadways in 2023 & Over Next Four Years
- Free Transit for Youth on Weekends, Evenings in Burlington
- Upgrades to 13 Burlington Parks Coming in 2023; Several More Over Next Four Years