Our weekly series “Budget Briefs” lets residents know how our community will be benefitting from specific investments in Burlington’s approved 2023 Operating and Capital Budget.
• • •
As part of the investments in the 2023 Operating and Capital Budget, the City of Burlington is creating a new Bylaw Compliance Department for increased bylaw enforcement.
You asked for faster response on noise property standards, dogs off-leash and other bylaw infractions — and we’re delivering.
The benefits of implementation of this new department include:
- Phase 1 of 4-year plan as outlined in Staff Report BB-15-22;
- Stabilizes operations, updates outdated bylaws, policies and procedures;
- Improves cost recovery via Administrative Penalty System (APS); and
- Integration of the City’s Customer Relations Management (CRM) system.
The additional resources include a:
- Director of Bylaw Compliance;
- Supervisor of Enforcement Policy and Administration;
- Policy Coordinator;
- Enhancement to four (4) existing Clerk positions;
- Two (2) Additional By-law Enforcement Officers;
- Solicitor; and
- Communications Advisor.
- 2023 City of Burlington Operating and Capital Budget Book
- Staff 2023 Budget Overview Presentation: F-01-23 2023 Budget Overview Staff Presentation
- Motion amendments to the budget from Council – 2023 Budget Appendix: F-01-23-1 App B 2023 Council Budget Motion Memorandums
- Meeting Minutes:
• • •
- Joint Statement on the Burlington 2023 Budget: Investing in our Community Now & for Future Generations
- City of Burlington News Release: Burlington Council Approves 2023 Budget Focused on Improving & Protecting the Future of our Growing & Changing City
- Additional Budget Briefs:
- Burlington’s Skyway Community Centre and Arena Getting Expansion, Enhancement Updates
- Active Transportation, Open Street Initiatives & Events Receive Additional Funding in Burlington
- Several Creek Projects Happening in 2023 for Stormwater Management, Including Erosion Control & Drainage Improvements
- Burlington Continuing Free Beachway Parking Pass Program for Halton Residents
- Improvements Coming to Several Burlington Roadways in 2023 & Over Next Four Years
- Free Transit for Youth on Weekends, Evenings in Burlington
- Upgrades to 13 Burlington Parks Coming in 2023; Several More Over Next Four Years